DARLEY ANDERSON AGENCY INTERNSHIP – January 2024
We are thrilled to be looking for an intern to support the DA & Associates Crime and Thrillers Team.
The role would be two days a week based at our offices in Fulham, London, for three months and we will be paying London Living Wage. In order for interns to get the most out of the role, we are not able to offer our internship remotely.
Our intern will be introduced to all aspects of agenting and will assist the Managing Director, Camilla Bolton, and support the Associate Agent in the department across a busy list of authors.
A love for books and reading is a must! Our intern must be passionate about commercial fiction, ideally thrillers, crime and suspense fiction. No publishing experience is necessary, no degree or qualifications necessary, office experience is desired but not a must.
The role would include:
- Updating website
- Social media management
- Submission management
- General administrative and office support including post
- Reading manuscripts and providing editorial reports
- Diary management and London Book Fair preparation support
The ideal candidate will:
- Love reading and be engaged with current books and trends
- Have an aspiration to work in publishing, agenting or a related career
- Be confident with social media
- Have experience in an office environment and/or admin (not essential)
- Be organised and good at managing their time
This role is based at the Darley Anderson offices in Fulham, the closest tube stations are West Brompton and Fulham Broadway.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter telling us why you love stories and a bit about the last two books you loved or hated and why to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
The closing date for our first placement is 23.01.2024 and interviews will be held that week, with a start date of 06.02.2024. We will keep applications on file for future placements. We can’t wait to hear from you!