Based in London, Darley Anderson & Associates is a dynamic literary agency and represents international bestselling and award-winning authors for the commercial market. The Rights team are looking for a royalties assistant to join the team to manage international royalties and support with general financial admin and credit control. A key role within the department, the candidate will report directly to the Head of Rights and liaise with the in-house finance department.
Whilst prior publishing royalties experience would be desirable, this role might equally suit someone who has solid data entry experience and is comfortable with numbers and processing data. The ideal candidate will have outstanding attention to detail, and the willingness to learn about royalties quickly.
Experience / Skills required:
- Data entry of royalties related to book sales in international markets using Bradbury Philips, our royalties software.
- Process royalties and payments on Bradbury Philips
- Prepare and issue invoices as required.
- Ensure records of statements are complete and chase statements as required.
- Follow up on outstanding royalty payments and ensure that monies are received within contracted timescales.
- Assist in preparing and collating withholding tax exemption documents for clients, and issue to the appropriate parties.
- Assist with continuing of consolidation and migration of royalty statements.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with databases, ideally Bradbury Philips and excellent Excel skills.
- Organised, proactive and able to prioritise effectively.
- A sharp eye for detail and ability to manage a high volume of work.
- A flexible self-starter who is able to support a busy team using own initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of another language is a plus but not essential.
- Publishing royalties experience is desirable.
- Likes reading!
Even if you don't match 100% of the job requirements, please don’t be discouraged from applying.
Remote or in our West London office, to be discussed
Permanent, 3 days a week to start, with the potential to become full time
Based on experience
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 13th March
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
with the subject line ROYALTIES ASSISTANT / RD0313
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.